Friday, February 5, 2010

What Goes Around

Thank you again to all who posted their favorite scrapbooking lines last month on my blog candy post! At around the same time that I did that, Allison Davis of CK fame had blog contest of her own. Her contest involved four days where she shared a new layout each day based on just one sketch. Each layout was so different from the others based on techniques, embellishments and substutions made. She did a very thorough job teaching what she had done to each of the layouts that made them unique. She invited readers' comments each day and gave away a few of her sketch books from a drawing of those comments. I got to be a lucky winner! I had just purchased a few volumes, and was thrilled to have another.

I love Allison's sketches (and those of her mother Debbie Sanders, also featured in the sketch books) because they use a neutral background, help with pattern papers, and placement of embellishments. Yet they are totally adaptable. Here are a few pages I did with one of the sketches. (Yes, I plan to journal, this is a theme album I will journal all at one time to keep the flow continuous)






Thank you Allison! You can find links to her store (Scrapbook Generation) and sketch volumes through her blog .

1 comment:

Allison Davis said...

Thank you so much for sharing the layout with me! It's so fun to see how different people adapt the sketches to their own style. I love what you did with yours!

P.S. Thank you for the nice blog post about us and our books! It's always so nice to hear that people are enjoying them and putting them to good use! :)